Beacon Pathway Incorporated
A shared vision of the potential benefits of improving New Zealand’s homes brought stakeholders together to form an Incorporated Society, Beacon Pathway Inc. The Society’s objective is to transform New Zealand’s homes and neighbourhoods to be high performing, adaptable, resilient and affordable through:
- Facilitating and undertaking demonstration projects which show the benefits of higher performing new and existing homes.
- Facilitating and providing robust research which builds a fact-based platform for sustainable, affordable, buildable and comfortable homes.
- Enabling Members to lead the transformation of the built environment in New Zealand
- Collaborating with and bringing together other stakeholders in New Zealand’s residential built environment to create greater change
A copy of the Society’s Rules are available below.
The Society is governed by a Board of Directors elected by Members.
Our members and partners have benefited by using Beacon to:
- Facilitate development and testing of a new product (Warmframe) in real life demonstration homes
- Synthesise learnings and context for future product development
- Bring key organisations around the table to develop aligned thinking and integrated solutions. No one organisation can solve New Zealand’s housing issues along. Collaboration leads to greater progress.
- Bring organisations together to leverage resources to deliver more, for example, the Housing Matters series in Canterbury which brings together two councils and central government with industry sponsors.
- Get major projects off the ground. In Christchurch, this included Build Back Smarter and the Breathe New Urban Village design competition to support rebuild and recovery.
- Support for member research and projects and inclusion in collaborative project teams, for example, the construction waste project.
Beacon Pathway Inc. looks forward to discussing these benefits and developing relationships with any organisations which share the Society’s vision of high performing, adaptable, resilient and affordable homes and neighbourhoods.
Nick Collins, CEO
Beacon Pathway Inc.
P.O Box 47 141
Ph (09) 361 5170
Mobile (021) 464 252
12-Nov-2015 (Publication )
Beacon Pathway Annual Review 2014-2015 (PDF 1.6MB)
A review of Beacon's activities in 2014-15, services offered to clients, and strategic direction for the next year.
01-Oct-2014 (Publication PUB/23)
Beacon Pathway Annual Review 2013-2014 (PDF 1.5MB)
A review of Beacon's activities in 2013-14, services offered to clients, and strategic direction for the next year.
27-Aug-2013 (Publication PUB/21)
Beacon Pathway Annual Review 2012-2013 (PDF 1.5MB)
A review of Beacon's activities in 2012-2013 and strategic direction for the next year.
30-Oct-2010 (Board document )
Rules of Beacon Pathway Incorporated (PDF 44KB)
20-May-2010 (Publication PUB/6)
Professor Peter Newton, Dr Richard Hawke
The Foundation for Research Science and Technology commissioned a review of Beacon's research programme at the end of the contract term. The panel consisted of Professor Peter Newton and Dr Richard Hawke.