Monitoring and results for the Rotorua NOW Home®
For Housing New Zealand, the Rotorua NOW Home® was an opportunity to trial a home which could be healthier and more cost effective for their tenants. Beacon’s interest was in the opportunity to trial and monitor a different design - a second research project providing data to compare to the Waitakere NOW Home®.
As with our first live research project, the Rotorua NOW Home® was monitored while its tenants went about their daily lives, reflecting normal household use.
Find out more about the results of:
31-Jul-2009 (Report NO202/4)
Andrew Pollard, Roman Jaques
This report examines the sustainability performance of the Rotorua NOW Home®. The reticulated energy use, reticulated water use, indoor environmental quality and the occupancy satisfaction are examined and compared with Beacon's first live research project, the Waitakere NOW Home®, as well as Beacon's set of sustainability performance benchmarks, the HSS High Standard of Sustainability® (HSS®).
- The layout and design of the Rotorua NOW Home®
- Energy efficiency in the Rotorua NOW Home®
- Healthy living indoors in the Rotorua NOW Home®
- Water conservation in the Rotorua NOW Home®
- Waste management in the Rotorua NOW Home®
- The Rotorua neighbourhood